Friday, June 20, 2008

Back To School - Pakistan Institute of Real Estate Management

Re-entering the classoom environment after almost eight years is not an easy task. But thanks to the aged participants of this class, I feel a lot younger.

It's interesting to note what brought me back to the classroom. Back in year 2000, I completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing. Life has never been a straight line and instead of securing a formal marketing position, I ended up being a freelance Internet Marketing consultant as well as running my own Web Hosting business.

Since then, there have been various occasions that I wanted to pursue my continuing education goals. Apart from ever-hunting for the right Masters or MBA, I was always interested in taking Linux classes but never made it through.

The credit goes to Pakistan Institute of Real Estate Management for offering such a unique and useful course that an Internet savvy person like me, who rarely has anything to do with any kind of real life business let property alone, couldn't afford to miss.

But once the introductory session was over, I knew it wasn't just me. Course participants come from varying backgrounds and find it wothwhile to attend these evening classes after a tiring day at office.

The truth is that everyone comes across matters related to property at some stage in life. And even those who do not want to build a career in real estate will find this course very informative and tempting. There always was a good market for a course that could teach one about the ins and outs of matters related to property, related law and documentation etc and thumbs up to PIREM and Amanullah Panjwani, the man behind the Institute, for launching such initiative.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kamran, a very interesting article, could you possibly pass on the contact details for the institute, I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find a website or contact details.

Thanks,
Faraz Arif,
0334 396 7766

Kamran Rizvi said...

Hi Faraz,

Welcome to my Real Estate Basics blog. You are a very special visitor as you made the first comment on this blog :)

Here are the contact details:

Pakistan Institute of Real Estate Management
Suite #3, Murad Centre
Block 10, Off Rashid Minhas Road
Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi

Tel: 021-4822026, 8450321

I guess institute's website should be online very soon.

Anonymous said...

hi kamran,

it seems that institute is getting popular day by day and people are now aware of the importance of real estate education in pakistan,

i think the scope and glittering money in this field will always attract new comers to come and join this field as a full or part time career